Apply by: 4:30 pm May 13, 2022
To continue operating at our high standards, the Carrier Sekani Tribal Council (CSTC) is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join our team. As an ideal candidate, you will have demonstrated leadership skills with previous finance experience in a First Nations organization. As a member of the management team, you will be working
closely with and reporting directly to the General Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides governance for all financial transactions including accounts receivable, accounts
- payable, funding, and general ledger entries
- Supports the General Manager in the development and management of the Society’s budgets
- Manages banking relationships, cash flow monitoring and banking security
- Oversees year-end transactions and audit file preparation
- Liaises with external accounting firms and agencies for assurance engagements
- Maintains/updates accounting procedures and policies
- Works with the CSTC communities in the due diligence aspect of the funding reports and requirements
- Prepares consolidated financial report and dashboards
- Prepares departmental reports with analysis of actual to budget
- Supports the General Manager with accessible and insightful financial information to assist in decision-making
- Continually improves budgeting analysis for financial planning and accountability
- Manages general ledger, department, and project reporting structure
- Ensures accounting software functionality meets reporting requirements
- Supports managers with ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Supports team members by collaboratively setting processes, project management, goal setting, and monitoring
- Works to continuously improve processes in the finance department
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Diploma in Business Administration or Degree in Commerce/Finance
- 5 years experience in finance/accounting
- Preference may be given to applicants with a professional CPA accounting designation and/or
- Certified Aboriginal Finance (CAFM) or equivalent
- Experience working with Government and Public Sector and First Nations
- Experience working with financial and government legislation, working with complex accounting issues in accordance with GAAP
- Experience with financial planning, management, accounting issues and budget cycles
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial information to facilitate executive decision-making
- Managing all aspects of A/R, A/P and G/L reconciliation.
- Advanced computer skills including Sage/Intacct/Criterion and all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume by 4:30 pm May 13, 2022, to:
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council
Attention: General Manager
Suite 200 1460 6th Ave, Prince George, BC 2L 3N2
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry per Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. People of Carrier Sekani ancestry are encouraged to apply.